Saturday, April 11, 2009

Passover Feast: P6 Chocolate Caramel Matzo



As much as I love the entire Passover meal and enjoy spending time with my family for the occasion, I have to admit that my absolute favourite part of Passover is Chocolate Caramel Matzo!!!! I could eat this dessert all year round it's so good! It is also very simple, and the perfect light dessert after that humongous meal!

Ingredients:
4 sheets of matzo
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2-2 cups chocolate chips

Directions:
1.  Place sheet of foil wrap on a large cookie sheet.

2.  Place 4 whole pieces of matzo on foil.

3.  In a pot, melt butter and brown sugar whisk until the texture of caramel.

4.  Pour caramel mixture over all the matzo.

5.  Bake at 350ยบ for 8 minutes.

6.  Drop chocolate chips over matzo immediately after removing from oven and spread it evenly over the carmel with a knife or spatula.

7.  Chill in fridge for at least 1 hour. Break into pieces and serve! 

Photography by Ruzan Orkestar

3 comments:

Raen on me said...

i had that!!!!

Anonymous said...

if you keep on going at the same speed, I am sure you will be the best cooker blog around. I love ur blog. Will try your recepies when I am alone at home(I cook my own food during that time)

A "cheery" disposition said...

These look so yummy! Im going to have to try these.