Friday, April 3, 2009

The Mother Of All Cookbooks

I know what you're all thinking, this cookbook looks dull, old, and outdated, but DO NOT judge this book by its cover because, like I titled this entry, this truly is the mother of all cookbooks! Don't get me wrong I love me some Williams Sonoma and Barefoot Contessa cookbooks with their gorgeous photography that makes you wish that you could just jump right into the page and eat all of their marvelous delicacies, but pictures simply aren't needed with this gem of a book. This cookbook contains over 300 recipes that are guaranteed to delight your taste buds! I consult this book like a priest consults his bible, and with every recipe I have made (or any family member has made) we have never ever gone wrong! All the recipes are easy, with simple ingredients, and allow for you to add your own variations. I promise you, this will will be your all-time favourite cookbook! The book is unfortunately out of print so I would suggest looking for a used copy. If you unable to find that, the same author, Norene Gilletz, has come out with a revised version of the book entitled The Food Processor Bible. From what I have seen of the new book, I prefer the old one because it is in a three-ring binder which makes referring to while cooking and baking super easy. So what are you waiting for? Go buy it NOW!!

No comments: