Thursday, August 27, 2009

Wines of Chile Premium Tasting









A few weeks ago I got to work at the 2009 Wines of Chile Specialty Wine Tasting.  The Event featured 30 different wineries, pouring over 100 new and exciting premium Chilean wines, never before brought to the Ontario market.  The specialty tasting was held by Ignacio Recart, the Trade Commissioner of Chile, and was held at the beautiful Hart House, on the University of Toronto campus.  Although I was working the event, I was still able to experience some of the world-class wines, and delicious food.  

The wines that stood out as my favourites were Vina Emiliana Novas Sauvignon Blanc 2008, from Casablanca Valley; Vina Maquis Lien 2006, from Colchagua Valley; and Vina Mayu Sauvignon Blanc Reserve, from Elqui Valley.  Of course being the foodie that I am, I couldn't resist trying out all of the incredible food that was presented so beautifully.  Out of the large selection of delicacies, my favourites were the cold, creamy, and tangy Avocado Soup with Zesty Salsa; the spicy and chunky Mashed Potatoes; the Vegetarian Chili (which, to be honest, I know is not chili, because I remember from my travels in Chile that they did not like being associated with the food chili.  But it tasted just like it, so I can't imagine what else it could be); and of course all of the amazing cheeses.  The event was a success, allowing me to savour more of what Chile has to offer, and get me excited for the upcoming Chilean Wine Festival being held at the Historical Distillery District on October 7.  Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Janice said...

What a great event! I'm starting to get into Chilean wine, thanks for listing your favs. I'll see if they have some here in California

Dallas Shaw said...

this looks like a blast
dallas
http://dillydallas.blogspot.com