Potatoes (depends on how much fries you are preparing)
oil for frying
sea salt or kosher salt
rosemary, finely chopped
1. Cut the fries into whatever shape or size you like.
2. Soak the cut potatoes in cold water for at least 15 minutes to remove excess starch and pat dry after soaking.
3. In a frying pan or deep fryer, heat the oil to 325º and fry the potatoes in small batches for about 3-4 minutes. Remove from oil and let sit on paper towels while frying other batches.
4. Reheat the oil to 375º and refry the already cooked fries in batches, until golden, about another 4-6 minutes.
5. Place cooked fries in a basket lined with paper towels and sprinkle with salt and rosemary.