Tip: If you are unable to find bakers cheese, you may substitute with cream cheese, but omit the 4 tbsp butter or margarine.
1 cup bakers cheese
4 tbsp butter or margarine
1/3 + 1/3 cup cup sugar (separated)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 fresh pears, peeled, seeded, and sliced
1/4 tsp + 1/4 tsp cinnamon (separated)
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1. In a medium bowl, beat bakers cheese with butter or margarine and 1/3 cup sugar until well blended.
2. Add the egg, vanilla, and 1/4 tsp cinnamon and mix well. Set aside
3. In a medium bowl, gently stir the pears with the remaining 1/3 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp cinnamon. Set aside.
4. Unroll the puff pastry dough onto a large cookie sheet and slightly stretch.
5. Spread the cheese mixture evenly over pastry leaving about a 1 inch border around the patry.
6. Layer the pear sliced on top, with the sliced facing the same direction.
7. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and add a dusting of cinnamon (optional).
8. Bake at 375º for 30-35 minutes or until cheese is set and almonds and pastry are golden.