Friday, July 6, 2012

Weekly Roundup - July 6, 2012

I've decided to try a new thing to keep you guys updated on where I'm eating, what I'm eating, and what's going on in my life each week by publishing a weekly roundup each Friday. If you like what you see, get daily updates from me by following my Twitter (@thisgingerrose), Instagram (@thisgingerrose), and Facebook accounts! 
CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT
Hadley's - I have always been super close with my aunt Darlene. She was the one who would take my sister and I on special day trips on the subway around the city as kids, and now, all grown up, we've made it our thing to meet up for a delicious lunch every few months. At our most recent lunch we hit up Hadley's on College St. With such a delicious sounding menu, we decided to split two dishes so we could each try more! This was Hadley's tasty take on a Club Sandwich with side salad! 

Oh Canada - I spent Canada Day weekend at my friend Laura's beautiful family cottage! Laura was one of the girls I befriended on my Birthright Israel trip and was a great host all weekend long! We couldn't have asked for better weather to enjoy our relaxing weekend! 

Hadley's - The other dish that Darlene and I split was Hadley's oh-so-decadent French toast special of the day, Pulled Pork French Toast with a spicy coulis!

Oh Canada - A photo montage from my Canada Day cottage weekend! No Canada Day is complete without Canada's Cocktail, the Bloody Caesar!
CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT

Milkshakes For Dinner - After coming home tired and yucky from being at the cottage all weekend and after a very intense weekend for my mom, all we could possibly think of doing come dinner time was collapse onto our patio chairs on the porch. Too hot to eat a big meal, my mom slyly suggested having milkshakes for dinner! Obviously, I said YES! She didn't want me to tell anyone that she made us milkshakes for dinner, but really, it's things like that that make me love my mom the most!

Za'atar in Food & Wine Magazine - I was excited to see a recipe featuring za'atar, the herb I ground and brought home from Israel featured in the August issue of Food & Wine Magazine!

Shisha & Falafels - What do you do on a humid, cloudy mid-week afternoon with your sister? Why eat falafels and smoke Shisha of course! 

Efharis - My friend Rommi just got back from an amazing vacation in Israel and Greece. Rommi was thoughtful enough to bring me back this beautiful bracelet from designer Efharis that is meant to be a symbol of good luck!
CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT
Caprese Salad - Need I say more?

Holy Chuck Burgers - Holy Chuck Burgers just may have stolen my heart away from my beloved Burger's Priest. With lots of seating, no line ups, friendly staff, and, of course, a killer burger, Holy Chuck Burger just may be my favorite burger joint in the city! I have tried they're Jr. Cheeseburger and fries in the past and absolutely LOVED them, but this time around I tried the recommended Holy Chuck Burger, a double cheeseburger with bacon and sautéed onions. This mega filling burger turned out to be a true winner in my books!

Blueberry Pie - If you read my latest blog post on Guilt-Free Apple Pie Muffins you'll know that I absolutely hate rolling out pie dough! With a big tub of blueberries in the fridge, I couldn't resist making another attempt at a pie. Because I am far from confident in the pie pastry department at the moment, I decided to forego scratch-made and use Dr. Oetker's, just add water, pie crust. Even though I still had trouble getting the pie dough to fit the pie plate, the blueberry pie turned out delicious, and looked pretty good too!

Neal Brothers Foods - After being introduced to Neal Brothers Foods, I was interested to try their take on healthy organic snacks. Neal brothers was kind enough to send me a big box of a number of their products, as well as some other interesting brands for me to try! After now having tried their Organic Cheese Puffs, Lotus Fine Foods Cranberry Cinnamon Granola, Organic Salsa, and Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Liquid Dish Soap, I can say that I am very impressed with their products. With big flavours and little guilt, Neal Brothers is my new favourite brand for healthy snacking!

Follow me on Twitter!
Like me on Facebook!
Follow me on Instagram @thisgingerrose

Listening To:

No comments: