Friday, July 20, 2012

Weekly Roundup - July 20, 2012

  CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT
Burgers with Grilled Pineapple - You know those perfect summer days? Saturday could have been absolutely horrible with our first Open House taking place at home, but we all turned our day around and ended up having another one of those perfect summer days. Unable to make a mess for the next Open House, we decided to make a mess-free dinner of burgers on the barbeque. To make our burgers just as perfect as our day, my sister Justine suggested grilling up pineapple slices to top our cheeseburgers with. WOAH! Did they ever turn out incredible! Top those babies with sriracha hot sauce and grilled onions and you've got one perfect burger! You've gotta try it!

Hot Stone Beef Bulgogi - On that same perfect Saturday, my mom and I decided to spend the day together so that we could both be out of the house while the Open House was taking place. We decided to finally check out the Picasso exhibit at the AGO, but first I suggested we grab some Korean food across the street. I was first introduced to Korean Hot Stone Bulgogi last summer and have been hooked ever since! I love how the piping hot bowl crisps the rice on the outside as well as mixing up the egg with all of the delicious veggies and savory beef. Mmmm sooo good!

Cottage Fishin' - While the offers were coming in for our house, my mom and I decided to escape the city and spend two days with our family up north at a cottage that my aunt and uncle rented on Jeffery Lake. It was great to have the distraction to keep my mom and I from stressing about the house, and to have people to lean on in this difficult time. It was so nice to be able to spend some quality time with my cousins Lucas, Evan, and Nick fishing, making bracelets, and goofing around on the dock. 

Picasso at the AGO - A fantastic exhibit, I absolutely loved Picasso at the AGO. I loved being able to go right up and see every brush stroke and learn more about his life and career. You can't help but feel inspired walking away from an exhibit like that! 
  CLOCKWISE FROM TOP LEFT
Cottage Fishin' - The greatest. These boys are the coolest.

Cottage Meals - We sure know how to cook up a cottage meal in our family! My mom and uncle Eddie collaborated to make some seriously delicious ribs! More about our meal in a post coming soon!

SOLD - Yup.

Frog - Look at this little guy who I found swimming around the pool! He looks big but he was just a wee lil' guy!

Follow me on Twitter!
Like me on Facebook!
Follow me on Instagram @thisgingerrose

Listening To:
Frank Ocean - Forrest Gump

Powered by mp3skull.com

No comments: