Monday, October 22, 2012

Weekly Roundup - Beer, Burgers, & Beautiful Beginnings

Cameron's Sirius Wheat Ale - In the midst of a hectic, stressful week, a delivery from Cameron's Brewery couldn't have come at a better time. Cameron's Brewery caught my attention with a single line: 'hand brewed by beer artisans', showing the great care they take in creating distinct and unique craft beers. Cameron's was kind enough to offer me a sample of their newest release, their Sirius Wheat Ale, an unfiltered ale brewed with Canadian malted wheat, two row malted barley, and newest breed specialty hops, an offer I'd have to be crazy to refuse. Although they had sent me the sample last week, it wasn't until this Tuesday that I finally had a chance to catch my breath and try this new ale.

After a long day of phone calls and apartment viewings, my mom and I had finally found luck with our home hunt. Right when we were about to throw our hands up in defeat and fill out an application for the very-less-than-stellar apartments in high rises we had seen, we found our new home in a very well maintained six-plex, with our unit all newly renovated, with a kitchen that I can't stop daydreaming about! Once again I am able to happily say that everything happens for a reason. Although it wasn't 100% confirmed until Thursday evening, we couldn't help but want to celebrate right after that successful viewing, knowing in our hearts that we had just found our new home for the next year or so. I cracked open the 6-pack of Cameron's Sirius Wheat Ale and toasted to new beginnings! Light, rounded, thirst quenching, and refreshing, with a citrusy aroma and taste, my sister and I quickly became fans of Cameron's Sirius Wheat Ale.
Cameron's Sirius Wheat Ale - As with anything in life, the way to grab my attention is all in the details. Cameron's really stepped up their game by adding cute little messages and designs inside of their bottle caps to keep the Cameron's Brewing experience going, even after you've finished your bottle. Save your bottle caps to be entered into various monthly contests! I was super excited to see that one of my bottle caps proclaimed that I am able to experience a free tour of Cameron's Brewery! Make sure to drink lots of Cameron's this month to try and win a bottle cap ticket to their monthly cask night! Click here to learn more! 
Holy Chuck Burger - Holy chuck! That's a good burger! I know I've posted about Holy Chuck Burger in the past, but I can't help but spread the Holy Chuck Burger love all over again, as each visit reminds me that they truly do make the best burgers in Toronto! I absolutely adore their classic Holy Chuck Burger, a double cheeseburger with sauteed onions and bacon, but at my most recent visit, with a big, late lunch behind me, a double cheeseburger seemed like climbing Everest! I ordered the Jr. Cheeseburger and topped it off with sauteed onions and bacon, which still delivered the same sinfully delicious results! 

Follow me on Twitter!
Like me on Facebook!
Follow me on Instagram
Check out my Tumblr!

Listening To:
Feist - Closing Time (Leonard Cohen Cover) < This is just an excerpt from the movie Take This Waltz. If anyone can find the full version for me, please send it my way!

1 comment:

Velva said...

Congrats on your new apartment digs. Cheers to a good burger and beer.

Velva