Thursday, April 30, 2015

The "You Can Stay" Risotto

What's your favourite dish that your partner makes? Although my boyfriend Chris has a knack for creating magic in the kitchen with pretty much anything he touches (though he will be the first to deny it), my hands-down favourite dish that he makes is his Wild Mushroom and Saffron Risotto. Yes, I have stated how much I enjoy making and diving into a plate of my own risotto, but no matter how much practice I get, mine never seems to be as dreamy as Chris'. Chris' risotto always tastes just a bit creamier, the rice always has just a bit more bite, the seasoning is always spot on, and the presentation, well just look at that picture and try not to drool! 

We have this running joke in our home ever since I moved in in September, the "you can stay" joke. Whenever one of us does something kind for the other one (doing laundry, folding laundry, making dinner, cleaning the condo, etc.) we always joke that "ok, now you can stay." Thank goodness for this food blog of mine, which forces me to cook on a daily basis, giving me the reassurance that I "can stay." Well Chris, as long as you continue making your send-me-to-heaven risotto, you will always, and I mean always, have permission to stay. 

Listening To

No comments: