Sunday, July 3, 2011

What's Up?

You know those times when life picks up all of a sudden and makes you feel like your running around like a chicken without a head at 100 miles/hour? I am right smack in the middle of one of those times, and as overwhelming as it may be, I'm loving every minute of it! The past few weeks have felt like one big foodie roller coaster for me, with so many incredible events taking place in Toronto, exciting opportunities coming my way, and love coming at me and my blog from every direction! I can't tell you how grateful I am to each and every person that has reached out to me over the past month or so. I feel the love and I'm sending it right back at all of you!

I can feel your curiosity at what I've been up to and let me tell you, I've got a ton of updates for you all, but far too much for one day in the blogosphere. So for now I'll fill you in on what's on my mind today:
I am so incredibly honored to be featured on sweetspot.ca in their Top 10 Canadian Food Blog Round-up! I can't even put into words how much it means to me to know that I have an audience out there who enjoy reading my blog just as much as I enjoy creating it. BIG thanks to sweetspot.ca for taking an interest in me!
In The Kitchen with Stefano Faita is a live studio cooking show that will air on CBC this Fall, hosted by Stefano Faita, one of Quebec's most popular food personalities (move over Ricardo...Chuck, I love you, you can stay!). The show, which is taped in front of a live studio audience will feature two or more simple recipes that viewers can use as a guide to expand on and experiment with in their own kitchens. This show sounds like a real hit, not to mention a great show to be apart of as an audience member with the charming Stefano encouraging audience interaction. In The Kitchen with Stefano Faita is being filmed right now! So what are you waiting for? Go reserve your free audience tickets today! Click here to get started!
Did you know I used to be a theatre kid? Support my fellow talented Yorkie theatre grads and go check out Bordeaux presented by the Pathos Theatre Company and part of the Toronto Fringe Festival. The play, which takes place in, you guessed it, Bordeaux will run from July 7th - July 17th, with tickets a steal at only $10 at the door ($11 in advance). There are some seriously talented men and women involved in this show, so I highly recommend you come check it out! Get all the info you need here!
Working on a little side project with Lomography Canada, taking part in their LomoAmigo Program. For the next month I'll be rocking their La Sardina El Capitan camera, which is equipped with a wide-angle lens (perfect for capturing every dish on the table!), multiple exposures (a trick I still need to play around with), a rewind dial, and a Fritz the Blitz Flash, Lomography's most powerful flash ever. It's only been a few days and I'm already loving this cute and compact analogue camera! Can't wait to share all my photos with you when they're up on the Lomography site!

Listening To:
The Black Keys - The Go Getter

Powered by mp3skull.com

No comments: