I don't know what it is, but lately I have been having this crazy obsession with breakfast foods. Don't get me wrong, I always love breakfast, but as of recently it has actually become quite an obsession. It has gotten to the point where I can't sleep at night because I am daydreaming (...or would that still be called daydreaming?) about what I'm going to make for breakfast the next day. Last night, as I tossed and turned in bed attempting to sleep, I found myself daydreaming of a spicy breakfast quesadilla. I knew that I had all the ingredients that would be perfect to create such a fabulous breakfast, so the anticipation left me awake for hours on end, just thinking about the breakfast I was sure to have the next day!
Alas, after a near sleepless night, I awoke to make my dream breakfast! So here you have it, my Spicy Breakfast Quesadillas. Creamy, crispy, cheesy, and spicy, this breakfast will keep you satisfied all the way till dinner! There are so many different flavours and textures in this dish that it will leave you thinking about having the same thing for lunch...and maybe even dinner...heck, why not for a snack as well! Mmmm you have got to try this one!
1 flour tortilla
about 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
dash of milk
pinch of red pepper flakes
a few dashes tabasco sauce
about tbsp cilantro, chopped
about 2-3 tsp jalapeno peppers, chopped
about 1 tsp scallions (green onions), chopped
about 1 tsp butter
1/4 tomato, chopped
salt and pepper to season
avocado oil or olive oil (for brushing)
1. Crack the eggs into a medium bowl. Add the dash of milk, red pepper flakes, tabasco sauce, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, scallions and salt and pepper, and whisk together until well combined. Set aside.
2. Lay out your tortilla on a baking sheet (I used my toaster oven baking sheet), and sprinkle the shredded cheese over half of the tortilla.
3. In a non-stick skillet set at medium heat, add the butter. When butter is melted add the egg mixture and cook, using a spatula to stir until eggs are cooked.
3. Place the cooked eggs over the half of the tortilla with the shredded cheese, and top with chopped tomatoes.
4. Fold the tortilla in half so the empty side rests on top of the egg and cheese side. Brush lightly with avocado or olive oil.
5. Bake in your toaster oven until lightly crisp, golden in colour, and cheese has melted, about 4 minutes.
6. Cut in half and serve with sour cream, salsa, and more cilantro for garnish.
Gorillaz - White Flag
Powered by mp3skull.com
Powered by mp3skull.com