This is one of those easy, go-to dinners that is satisfying and fast, making it a perfect weeknight dish! Light halibut is taken to a whole new level with a creamy cheesy topping, adding tons of flavour and a fantastic smooth texture. I took the recipe for Heavenly Halibut from allrecipes.com, and switched it up slightly to cater to what I had on hand. Experiment and try your own version of this tasty dinner!
2 pounds skinless halibut fillets
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tbsp mayonnaise
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 of a yellow onion, chopped
1/4 tsp salt
1 dash tabasco sauce
1. Preheat the oven to broil.
2. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and tabasco sauce. Set aside.
3. In a greased baking dish, lay out the chopped onion evenly and set the halibut fillets on top.
4. Broil the halibut and onions for about 8 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
5. Remove from oven and spread creamy mixture evenly over fish. Place back in oven and broil for another 2 minutes, or until slightly browned on top.