Friday, June 19, 2009

Rouxbe Online Cooking School


There is no doubt that I am a foodie with a great enthusiasm to cook and bake, but in terms of training, all I really have is years of watching my mother and grandmother cook as well as a whoooole lot of Food Network! Despite my lack of training, I think that I have learned quite a bit of food and culinary knowledge for someone my age, yet I am still very eager to learn new tips, techniques, and recipes anywhere I can. I came across this incredible website called Rouxbe full of delicious and beautiful recipes, and best of all, incredibly clear video tutorials! These tutorials include everything from knife skills, to properly heating a pan, to preparing a stock, the list goes on and ON! The tutorials are impressively clear, accurate, and super easy to follow! Who needs culinary school when there are incredible sites like Rouxbe aiming to inspire and educate the foodies of the world? 


6 comments:

Carol {Everyday Delights} said...

Wow! And it looks like they have video too, very helpful!

kamran siddiqi said...

Wow! I love this post! I actually went on the website and I think it will be very helpful in assisting me to teach my little sister how to cook..

Creative Classroom Core said...

SO COOL! I will be checking this out!

Sierra said...

How wonderful! I'm definitely going to have to check out the site...Happy Friday darling!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Yey, awesome! I've been flexing my domestic muscles and cooking all week and am going to try to keep the momentum going so this is a fab find!

Fabulous Finds Gal said...

Yummy!! I'm going to try myself.
xo,
Christina