I Had No Idea! Things I learned in class this week:
- When julienning an onion, cut towards the root. When slicing an onion, cut parallel to the root.
- Julienne (Very fine strips)
- 4cm x 3mm x 3mm
- Brunoise (Very small dice. Cross cut of julienne)
- 3mm x 3mm x 3mm
- Batonnet (Small sticks)
- 4cm x 1/2cm x 1/2cm
- Carré (Dice. Cross cut of batonnet)
- Small = 1/2cm x 1/2cm x 1/2cm
- Medium = 1cm x 1cm x 1cm
- Large = 2cm x 2cm x 2cm
- Paysanne (peasant style) = Any geometric shape, using the natural shape of the vegetable.
On My Mind:
Took the words out of my mouth: Blurring The Lines of Feminism: A Criticism of the Criticism of "Blurred Lines"
Why I'll never be the girl who wears heels all the time.
Girls Don't Poop.
Can't wait to check out the massive David Bowie is exhibit at the AGO that opened this week! It's on until November 27th.
Dear Kanye, it's OK to laugh.