Happy long weekend! With a jam packed long weekend ahead of me (and already a little bit behind me with a triple-booked evening last night!) I don't have much time to tell you guys all about how great the Lomography cooking demo turned out on Thursday just yet (I will post the entry very soon!). But I did promise many of you that I would have the recipes up for the weekend. So here you are. My recipe for the Skippers Salad and Wraps from the Wharf. Enjoy! More to come soon!
The Skippers Salad
AKA Corn and Bean Salad
3 fresh cobs of corn, husks and silks removed
1/2 can black beans, strained and rinsed
1 red bell pepper, diced
1/2 cup red onion, diced
4-5 large basil leaves, chopped into small pieces
the juice of 1 1/2 limes
1/2 cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp salt
a pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Using a serrated knife (I found that easier) cut the corn kernels off of the cob trying to cut as close to the cob as possible. Place in a medium mixing bowl.
2. Stir in the black beans, red pepper, red onion, and basil.
3. In a small mixing bowl whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt and cayenne pepper. Drizzle over corn mixture and stir to combine. Let chill in fridge until ready to serve. May make day ahead.
Wraps from the Wharf
AKA Chicken Wraps
guacamole (recipe here and below)
shredded cheddar cheese
sautéed onion sliced with jalapenos (if you want to keep this no cook add chopped green onions instead)
pre-cooked chicken slices
greener selection lettuce blend (pre-washed and chopped bag of lettuce, look for fresh crisp greens)
different coloured tortillas
1. Lay out tortillas and spread a layer of guacamole over one side, keeping a bit of a border around the edges. Top with some cheddar cheese, onions, chicken, lettuce, and salsa and carefully wrap. Skewer with toothpicks to keep in place and cut each wrap in half.
2 ripe avocados, seeded and cut into chunks
juice from 1/2 a lime
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped (or less depending on your preference)
1 tsp garlic
1 tbsp jalapeno peppers, chopped (I use jarred jalapeno peppers in brine)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Place chunks of avocado in a medium bowl and mash with a fork until guacamole has reached desired consistency. Immediately pour lime juice over avocado.
2. Add cilantro, garlic, and jalapenos and stir to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Beach House - Silver Soul
Powered by mp3skull.com
Powered by mp3skull.com